Friday, May 31, 2013

Review: Fifty Shades of Grey


Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



OK, I finally broke down and got 50 shades. Don't get me wrong, I love reading in general and it was not the genre that kept me away...It was the relentless marketing. I tend to shy away from things until the hullabaloo dies down so I can't get swept up in the whirlwind of it all.

I liked it...The relationship between Anastasia and Christian is believable, if not slightly abusive on Christians part. The sex is hot, but a bit repetitive, why does the author not use more words for 'down there'?

I can understand why Christian is the way he is, but it is hard to believe that he is drawn to Anastasia the way he is, but as one fucked up person to another there is no explaining ourselves or the choices we make in this life, plus it is fiction and I am able to roll with the story. It kept me turning the pages and I did loose a few hours of sleep reading just one more chapter...I would recommend this book to others, although it is not as hardcore as I would have expected, very tame in fact...But still a great read ;)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment