Sunday, September 11, 2011

There are two types of crazy people in the world,


People ask me all the time, “How did you start writing books?” I tell them because I became crazy. I believe that many people never ask what they truly want to know. Those that ask me, I think what they really want to know is, why do I write.
Well, the reasons people write are as different as the individuals themselves. Some write for fame, some for money. Others write because they had an experience of some sort and they want to share it with the world, either because they think it’s important or fun to share.
Me? I write because my brain never turns off. It’s constantly turning and churning. I’m always imagining weird or wonderful things and then how I would react to said thing. Being that my favorite topic to write about romance, you can only imagine the interesting things that float through my head. I have noticed that this is a common trait with romance authors. As people grow into adulthood and mature they lose the imagination that sustained them as children. We’re taught in school that daydreaming is fruitless and it’s frowned upon. Not us romance writers, we’re keeping the imagination business alive and well.
I watch today’s children play with toys and video games and it saddens me to see the lack of imagination needed to play with those toys. Creativity seems to be falling to the waist side in some cases and I have to say that I’m not a fan. I am often caught daydreaming or scratching a little story on a napkin and people seem to not understand what or why I’m doing it. I always get the standard, “Are you ok? You seem distant?” Why? Daydreamers are incredibly patient people, never in a hurry. So take a little time today to just sit and let your mind wander into a world you create for yourself. If your imagination is a little rusty, than grab a book. We don’t mind at all if you want to come in and sit awhile, enjoy the worlds that we created, after all we created them to share with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment